Our House Response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Click Here for Info.
A place to go when you just can’t go home… The Ronald McDonald Family Room offers a special place of respite, relaxation, and privacy within the walls of Northwest Texas Healthcare System where parents are just steps away from their child’s bedside.
Be a volunteer host at the Family Room at NWTHS (three hour shifts) and you will:
- Welcome and register families
- Listen, nurture, and be a friend
- Keep room tidy and quiet for visitors
- Supervise use of the facility (laundry, showers, kitchen and quiet room)
- Answer the phone
- Check supplies and restock as needed
- Must be 18 years or older
The Family Room is located on the 3rd floor of Northwest Texas Hospital on the Pediatrics Floor. Special thanks to NWTHS for donating the space, McDonald’s Corporation and the NWTHS Auxiliary for donating the food and supplies, and the many volunteers who keep it staffed with caring individuals from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., 365 days of the year.
Families of pediatric patients find an oasis in the Ronald McDonald Family Room at NWTHS in Amarillo with:
- A modern kitchen
- Coffee, milk, and snacks
- Laundry facilities
- Shower facilities
- Computer workstation
- Books, toys, and games
- A quiet room with comfortable seating
- A friendly volunteer
For more information on volunteer opportunities, click the links below: