Our House Response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Click Here for Info.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Ambassadors are trained to represent RMHCA in the community.
- Community Partners host a fund drive or wish list drive, provide discounted services or become a sponsor.
- Toy and Food Donation Program
- Family Volunteers – moms, dads, grandparents and kids age 10 and above, pick a Saturday or weekday and disinfect toys, organize books and puzzles, or do light yard work.
- Guest Chefs share their cooking talents by preparing baked goods in our kitchen.
- In-Kind Professional Services donate your professional services and talent.
- Social Media, Photography/Videographers help promote RMHC to an online audience or donate your talent for upcoming events or projects.
- Special Events – volunteer as event staff or help during set-up or break-down…great for groups!
- Teen Volunteers at least 16 years of age are welcome to give their time and talents to the House.
Toy and Food Donation Program
Ronald McDonald Houses host thousands of children a year. Toys, books and games in the Houses are welcomed and well used. Ronald McDonald Houses need to be stocked with toys and all the essentials of home for the children and families staying there to enjoy and use.
The Ronald McDonald House of Amarillo also delivers toys to all children in the hospitals weekly. Keeping Ronald McDonald Houses fully stocked depends on the generous help of the community, and we want to make sure they have everything they need. Here are some items that our House can generally use: Click here to see our current Wish List
Because Ronald McDonald Houses serve so many children and families, we only accept new toys.
Houses need the same products as your home, but they need them in bulk because several families stay in the House every night.
Collecting “pop tabs” is a popular fundraiser that benefits seriously ill children by helping provide a place for their families to stay while they are out of town for medical treatment. This is a great way to teach children about philanthropy, the importance of recycling, and to raise funds to help other children and their families at the same time. Unlike the urban legend states, pop tabs do not support medical treatment of any kind including chemotherapy or dialysis; however, pop tabs do support the operations of Ronald McDonald Houses across the country.
How do Pop Tabs Help?
The tab of an aluminum can is pure aluminum, unlike the rest of the can which contains paint and other residue. Ronald McDonald Houses collect pop tabs instead of entire aluminum cans because it is more hygienic to store tabs than cans, and the collection and storage is much easier. Recycling the tabs generates proceeds to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. Hundreds of thousands of pop tabs have been collected to benefit Ronald McDonald Houses. The program is an easy way for people of all ages to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Amarillo and to know that they are making a difference for families and children.
How to collect Pop Tabs
- Collect and store the pop tabs at your home or office.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Amarillo can provide collection boxes for your pop tabs, or you can create your own collection containers.
- Drop off your tabs at the RMCHA, 1501 Streit Drive. We accept pop tabs during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you or your group would like a tour when you bring your tabs, please contact us to arrange a date and time at (806)358-8177.
- After the tabs are collected, the RMHCA takes the collection to a local recycling center where they are weighed to determine their value and a check is made to the RMCHA to help pay for House operating expenses.
- Recycle the tabs yourself and mail the proceeds to us or use them to purchase items on our Wish List. When mailing a donation, please note the individual or group collecting the tabs and provide a contact and mailing address so that we may acknowledge your gift.
Checks payable to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Amarillo
1501 Streit Drive
Amarillo, TX 79106
Please note: Pop tab donations are not tax-deductible.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, click the links below: